Do you have big plans for spring break this year? Whether you are a college student taking a trip to Daytona, or a parent taking your kids on their first vacation adventure, you will want to stay safe on your trip. Before you go, call us to make sure you have all the insurance coverage you need for you trip. Also:
- If you are traveling out of the country, make sure your passports are up to date.
- Contact your credit card company to let them know you will be on vacation. A lot of credit card companies now have very thorough tracking on every account. If they notice a lot of purchases on your card without knowing you are on vacation, they may block your card making it impossible to use. Save any hassle by calling ahead of time.
- Don’t fall into “vacation mentality” when in public – especially when using an ATM, in a restaurant, or walking at night. Stay alert to your surroundings.
- Be mindful if you decide to drink alcohol. Travel in groups and always have a designated driver or take public transportation, walk or take a cab.
- If you take prescription medication, pack it in its original bottle in your purse or carry-on bag. That way it will always be on your person.
- If you have a choice when checking into your hotel, ask to be placed in a room above the first floor. Room break-ins occur more often on the first floor.
- Make sure your kids know to always stay within your sight and to be aware of their surroundings as well.
We hope you have a wonderful trip. Leave us a comment here when you get back to tell us all about it! And if you have any additional safety tips to share, by all means leave them here too. We would love to read them!