June 19th, 2014 the American Red Cross invites Liberty Insurance Associates’ staff to attend the Lakewood Blueclaw’s game on Military Appreciation Night as a thank you for our continued partnership.
The American Red Cross asked Liberty Insurance to partner with them and co-sponsor the BE RED CROSS READY campaign. Being Red Cross Ready discusses the importance on preparing for possible disaster and other emergencies. A joint seminar was conducted introducing residents of Monmouth and Ocean County to the Red Cross initiative. Superstorm Sandy altered the way many people think about storm preparation and how it specifically can effect them as individuals and families.
The Red Cross developed an educational initative to better advise and prepare all people for all types of disasters; not just those in high hazard areas. Liberty Insurance worked with the Red Cross in presenting not only the preventative steps for storm preparation but how home insurance, auto insurance and flood insurance work together in the case there is a loss.
Consider the following when assembling or restocking your kit to ensure your family is prepared for any disaster:
- Store at least three days of food, water and supplies in your family’s easy-to-carry preparedness kit. Keep extra supplies on hand at home in case you cannot leave the affected area.
- Keep your kit where it is easily accessible.
- Remember to check your kit every six months and replace expired or outdated items.
- Tell everyone where emergency information and supplies are stored. Provide copies of the family’s preparedness plan to each member of the family. Always ensure that information is up-to-date and practice evacuations, following the routes outlined in your plan. Don’t forget to identify alternative routes.
- Include pets in your evacuation plans.
For additional information vist the Red Cross website: http://www.redcross.org/flash/brr/English-html/default.asp