Gary C. Rygiel, CIC, CPCU, ARM, AIS, CRM
Executive Vice President, Partner
Gary has more than 30 years of experience in the Insurance Industry. Since 1984, Gary has been a partner and Executive Vice President of Liberty Insurance Associates, Inc. In addition to his work at Liberty, Gary has continued his professional development by earning numerous Insurance designations. He is a tireless advocate for the Independent Agency System in New Jersey, volunteering for both the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey and the Independent Insurance Agents of New Jersey. As a respected business leader, he has also worked diligently with both business and community volunteer organizations.
Insurance Industry Experience:
- 2015 Lifetime Achievement Award Independent Insurance Agents of Monmouth County
- 2011 Trustee 200 Club of Monmouth County
- 2010 Appointed member of the Workers Compensation Governing Committee where he served as Chairman (2013)
- Past President of the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey (PIANJ) (2008). Gary is the first to serve as President of both State Insurance Associations
- Past President of the Central New Jersey Chapter of the CPCU Society. (President from 2006-2007)
- Director of the Year for the Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey (2004)
- Chair of the Commissioner’s Producer Advisory Council (CPAC) (2000)
- Past President of the Independent Insurance Agents of New Jersey (IIANJ) (President -1999-2000)
- Chairman of the Year IIANJ (1995)
- Past President of the Monmouth County Independent Insurance Agents (President in 1991)
- Co-Chairman of a Task Force for the Office of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor
- Member of the Agent’s Task Force for the Worker’s Compensation Rating Bureau
- Community Service Award from PIANJ in 2001
- Instructor at Brookdale Community College and Liberty Insurance School
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) earned in 1980
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) earned in 1985
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) earned in 1996
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) earned in 2001
- Associate in Insurance Services (AIS) earned in 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology/Geology from Fairleigh Dickinson University – 1975. Community Involvement
- Western Monmouth County Chamber of Commerce. Gary served as President from 1991-1992.
- Liberty Insurance Associates wins Circle of Excellence Award as a Major Employer -1998.
- Workforce Investment Board from 1996 to 2002. Gary was appointed by the Monmouth County Freeholders to serve as a member from the business sector. He also served as a Board Trustee from 2000 – 2002. Awarded the Business Partnership Award in 2005.
- Member of Monmouth County Transportation Task Force
- Community Playground Partnership. Gary brought together the CNA Foundation, the Western Monmouth County Chamber of Commerce, the Freehold Partnership, the Independent Insurance Agents of Monmouth County, the Borough of Freehold, and the Greater Monmouth County YMCA to raise the necessary funds and to build a playground in 2001.